Army Recruiting Command Award for Junior ROTC Service Ribbon
Presented annually by USAREC to a cadet at each school in recognition of outstanding achievement and contributions to the Junior ROTC program. The award consists of a bronze medal and ribbon bar.
Criteria. The cadet must–
- Be in the second year of a 3-year program or in the third year of a 4-year program.
- Be in the top 25 percent of his or her academic class.
- Have demonstrated outstanding leadership traits and possess the potential for assuming positions of increased responsibility.
- Participate in extracurricular activities that foster both scholastic and military excellence.
- Demonstrate qualities of dependability and good character, respect military discipline and standards, and possess a fundamental and patriotic understanding of the importance of Junior ROTC training.
- Not have previously received the award.